Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My experience abroad


This past semester I studied abroad in Sydney Australia. I chose to study in Australia because of how environmentally conscious they are, as it is ingrained in each person to live a sustainable life style. This picture is of the 12 apostles near Melbourne Australia. The 12 Apostles was one of the most beautiful spots I visited in Australia-aside from the fact that I'v never seen such beautiful landscapes and natural surroundings anywhere else as I have abroad in Australia.Because of their every day surroundings of beautiful oceans, greenery, plant life and wild animals, it is a key aspect of the Australian way to take care of their environment so it stays beautiful and everlasting. Each time I had a tour of a beach or had a conversation with the locals,the importance of protecting the environment was always a central issue. Living in Sydney for 4 months I noticed that the design of the buildings, design in advertising, products, urban design etc. were targeted towards a more sustainable life style: Modern, contemporary,and forward thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment